Maldives is an Island country of the South Asia and is located in the Indian Ocean. Geographically speaking, the country of Maldives is very rich in marine wildlife and ecosystem. It currently has a total of 1,192 coral islands where it gives protection to a lot of marine wildlife like the coral reefs, the fishes and a lot more. Maldives is currently considered the lowest country in the planet and is more likely prone to submerge due to the rise of sea levels. It also has 31 protected areas which are under the order of the Ministry of Environment and Energy and by the EPA. Tropical monsoon is the type of climate the Island country of Maldives has. Maldives is really the best place to travel to and spend a night with someone so dear.
Here are some of the best places you should never miss when you have your get away experience in the Island country of Maldives.
- The HP Reef or also known as the Rainbow Reef is a protected marine area in Maldives. Its name perfectly fits its surrounding ecosystem because the HP reef or Rainbow reef is a home for various and colorful coral reefs. Diving here is very exciting and astonishing because it is in between two outer atoll islands that give it a strong current within.
- The Vaadhoo Island is a well known island that is labeled as the Heaven on Earth but it offers more amazing feats when it already at night. It shows a compelling sparkling water that really looks like the sky full of stars. Its lights are romantic as ever.
- The Residence Maldives is a faultless island found in Gaafu Alifu Atoll. Experience the beauty of nature as you relax in this private island ambiance.
- The Vilamendhoo Island Resort and Spa is located in the South Ari Atoll where it is bounded by a stunning lagoon, an outstanding house reef and a white sand beach.
- The Angsana Velavaru or also called as the Turtle Island is located in the South Nilandhe Atoll. The resort offers Asian and Mediterranean types of cuisine paired with the Maldivian taste that makes the food even more perfect.
- The Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu is located at the Baa Atoll. It gives a great view especially when you are in a bird’s point of view where you can appreciate its architectural design from above.
- The Veligandu Island Resort and Spa is located in the North Ari Atoll and it takes 20 minutes to arrive there by a seaplane. The resort has two restaurants; Dhonveli Restaurant which offers buffet and the Madivaru Restaurant which offers a romantic dinner at the beach.
- The Emas Thila or also known as the Manta point is a diving site at Addu Atoll. To catch a glimpse of the great Mantas, the month of May to November is the best time for that.
- The Dusit Thani is located in Dharavandhoo, Maldives. It is enclosed by several types of coral reefs along with a turquoise lagoon.